Grampian Coaching is the continued collaboration between the Sports Development Departments and Sports Council’s of Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen City and Moray together with the Coaching Network of sportscotland. Other partners are Active Schools, Youth Scotland, Grampian Institute of Sport and Volunteer Scotland.
The main objectives for Grampian Coaching are:
- Increase the quantity and quality of coaches in the Grampian region - strengthening the infrastructure of focus sport & active schools.
- “Sustaining volunteers who are contributing to the development and delivery of Grampian sport.” By marketing and promoting a coach/volunteer education programme across the region.
- Which will lead to improving the experience & performance of children and young people participating in sport.
The Education Programmes are offering courses for all coaches involved in physical activities:
- Experienced coaches can improve their coaching qualifications
- Interested volunteers who would like to work with the youth section of their sports club can find the appropriate level of qualification to begin working with youngsters.
- Those who are simply ‘helping out’ in a youth group, after school club or community centre can find the right course to encourage physical activity amongst those they care for.
Grampian Coaching office is a central point for all information concerning coach and volunteer education.